Saturday 23rd March 2024
Radda in Chianti - 06:00
Max Allowed Race Time
Chianti Ultra Trail 73
The 73 km route boasts an elevation gain of 2800 m+ and forms a circular track that both begins and ends in Radda in Chianti. The initial 42 km within Chianti Sesnese present a relatively straightforward path meandering through vineyards. This segment offers swift and runnable terrain. Following this, the ascent towards San Michele Mountain commences, peaking at the 60 km mark. This phase represents the most significant elevation gain on the course. The descent follows, leading to Volpaia, and subsequently to the breathtaking valley just prior to reaching Radda in Chianti.
• Running pack to carry mandatory gear throughout the race.
• Smartphone: the runner must be reachable at any time before, during and after the race:
• with international roaming that works in the countries where the event takes place.
• Each runner should save the organization's safety phone numbers, not mask/block their number and do not forget to start the race with the battery fully charged
• Keep the phone ON at all times, airplane mode is forbidden and could result in a penalty.
• LiveRun application installed and activated.
• An external battery is highly recommended • Personal collapsible cup 15 cl/5oz minimum (bottles or flasks with lids are not accepted) • Minimum water supply of 1 liters • Two working headlamps with spare cells/batteries for each headlamp. Recommendation of 200 lumens or more for the main torch light • Survival blanket of 1.40m x 2m minimum / 55 inches x 80 inches or survival bag • Whistle • Food reserve. Recommendation of 800kcal (ex : 2 gels + 2 power bars) • Jacket with hood for bad weather in the mountains/course terrain. The jacket must be made of a waterproof* and breathable** membrane (e.g.. Outdry)
• *minimum recommended 10 000 Schmerber (10,000 mm). • **RET value recommended: minimum of 13.
• the jacket must have an integrated hood or one which is attached to the jacket by the original system designed for that purpose by the manufacturer.
• the seams must be sealed. • the jacket must not have sections of fabric which are not waterproof. Air vents fitted by the manufacturer (under-arm, in the back) are accepted.